Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Top O the mornin to ya


Today I am going to annoy everyone and speak with an Irish accent. A brogue if you will. And I am going to introduce myself as Patty O Clover.
I can not drink green beer as I live in a dry town, so to compensate I am going to drink green tea. Think that counts? I am going to wear green, break out my claddagh, and look for my 4-leaf clover, and eat cabbage and corned beef. I know, some of those are not true Irish traditions.


If you feel so inclined here is a few web sights for ya
St Patricks Day in Ireland (has St. Patricks Day e-cards…)
History of St Patrick
claddagh symbol


And an Irish Joke for your amusement.


An Irishman who had a little too much to drink is driving home from the city one night and, of course, his car is weaving violently all over the road. A cop pulls him over.
So, says the cop to the driver, where have you been?
Why I have been to the pub of course, slurs the drunk.
Well, says the cop, it looks like you have had quite a few drinks this evening.
I did alright, the drunk says with a smile.
Did you know, says the cop, standing straight and folding his arms across his chest, that a few intersections back, your wife fell out of your car?
Oh thank goodness, sighs the drunk, for a minute there, I thought I had gone deaf!


So cheers to all things Irish! And let us not forget… Luck O the Irish to ya.

No comments: