Monday, December 29, 2003

Batteries as gifts
and not the good kind either!
story: i had to buy myself a Christmas gift.... a car battery! what fun!
mine died. I knew it needed replaced a while back but i let a man tell me it was just the battery cable. i knew better, but men are supposed to know these things, so i let him think he was right. ha ha ha.. if i coulda talked to him yesterday i would have had to done the "i told you i needed a battery thing!" and since I didn't listen to myself, it costed me even more in other parts. So off i go yesterday to purchase one. i pull into the shop under the sign battery installs here. Another guy is standing around i guess waiting on his car to be fixed. I open the hood, they service guy walks up and i just get out of my mouth "i need.." he looks at the battery buts his had up and goes, "say no more, i can see what you need." i am embarrased. I sense my dad is rolling in grave at my stupidity. the stand around guy wanders over. omg. the service man starts giving his spill and starts looking at the man, and not me.. i lean over to catch his gaze and get him to talk to me again. the stand around guy walks up to the truck. Service man starts talking to him again. I am like..what the.....! why does service guy not want to talk to me??? I lean over again to catch his gaze again. I tell him this is my truck and i want a battery that blah blah blah...he continues to look at stand around guy. needless to say i did a lot of leaning to catch his gaze, and my wallet is lighter but i needed to get it done. especially before the move. when all was said and done, the acid had eaten thru the positive terminal end and part of the wires. service man fixed it for now but guess what i am buying next!!
listening to bad radio.............

No comments: