Thursday, January 22, 2004

- I am addicted - computer voyeurism

Who would have ever thunk it. me a computer nerd. when i was in high school i hated typing. i was just a wee bit rebellious through out my high school years and relating to this particular story, i refused to try in typing class. here is why... my stepmom said, "all girls should learn to type, a secretary is a good career to fall back on" the wall went up for me. i didn't want to be like everyone else (remember i am a child of the 60's). i was going to make great strides in the world, not be someone's lackey! i wanted my own lackey! so to put it mildly, I sucked in typing. i didn't try. ya think maybe i am a little hard headed?? who would have ever thought I would spend this much time at work and at home on a computer...typing. go figure.
Now I put my personal life out there (to some degree) for all to see and i enjoy reading and keeping up with other people. Why is that so addicting? I don't know these people. but every morning, while having my first cup o joe, i catch up on those blogs of whom i read. samplings: b2k's partner's grandmother fell and is in the hospital, he sings Karaoke, and is a teacher. Belle de jour is a london call girl with a witty/sarcastic sense of humor. She tells us Anal is the new black, describes nicely what some of her "meetings" are like, how hard it is to have a boyfriend and be in the business ..... well i think you get the picture. it's all little "peep shows" into their lives and mine.
maybe we are all closet voyeurs.

No comments: