Saturday, February 07, 2004

is this the truth or is it fiction?
you decide
When I was young my mom and step dad used to roll their own cigarettes. this was a special, relaxing time for them. I always knew when they where going to. They would head into the living room and out would come the Iron Butterfly album. Mom would call me in and tell me I needed to go get my sister and we needed to "play nicely, it was quiet time for the adults". (play nicely? Maybe she was remembering when I knocked my sister off the barstool, but that is another story.) My sister and I would settle in playing Barbies somewhere. In the background I could hear "ina-godda-da-vita baby.... don't you know that I luh-uh-uh-uv you" Mom and her man would always be in such a good mood after a while! Do you know how long it took to to realize that they where smoking marijuana, wacky weed, grass!!!!!????
now fast forward to many years later...
Mom was claustrophobic and had to have a MRI. she was especially nervous and wanted her 2 daughters to go with her and be with her. naturally we agreed. Pre-mri time we are in the hall outside the mri room waiting our turn. the waiting seemed to make it worse on mom. so my sister and i decided to entertain her. we starting singing "ina-godda-da-vita" to her making the bass noises, playing a little air guitar and all. then we added a little dance.. all the while mom going "shut up, shut up, your embarrasing me!" we just looked at her and said "got your mind off it didn't we!". we ended up embarrasing ourselves in the mri room. ever been in one with that thing running? damn it's loud! in there we started making up songs to the beat of the thumping. little did we know all the techs in the glassed in room could hear us... oh well!!!

and by the way seaster... that is my dawn doll!!!! lol
so do you think this is the truth?

No comments: