Thursday, June 17, 2004

Yellow Shoes


I have the some of the coolest shoes and this particular pair are simple slides in a bright, lemony shade of yellow made of a fine weave of linen. They go with this really great light cotton sundress I have, that has hues of turquoise, green and yellow. I feel like a fresh spring day when I wear the dress and my yellow shoes. I feel so good I just KNOW I inspire others to have a great day. I also listen for peoples comments on my clothes, (if any). A "You look good today" Means much more than a "That is a nice dress". Statement A means your overall look is flattering, statement B means the dress looks good but not necessarily on you. Try it out if you don’t believe me! Anyway, I wander in my ramblings..
I like shoes, like any woman, but am not obsessed with them. I have about 20 pair, but being the bargain shopper that I am, I have paid very little for any of them. But back to my yellow shoes...
Yesterday I wore my dress of spring colors and the wonderful yellow shoes. I was having just a peach of a day feeling all clean, cool and collected. I took a trip to the "little girls room" as we all do daily. I just get in the stall, poised and ready to p.. well you know, when I hear someone come in and say, "Hello Marti, you know, you have more neat shoes.".
My eyes wide open (not shut, ha ha).
OMG!
What do I say?
How do I feel about being recognized in the bathroom?
And all because of my yellow shoes!
Damn the yellow shoes!
Why does this bother me so?
I shook my head to clear my mind and replied, "Thanks, Walmart $6!" Promptly went back to my office and took my shoes off.
Yeah right like that will solve anything with my bright coral painted toenails...

No comments: