Wednesday, August 31, 2005

People are goin' freakin' nuts!!!

I knew there was going to be a problem when I heard one of my co-workers hang up the phone from talking to her husband and say, "Well, gas is $3.89."

When I left work, traffic was backed up more than usual. The reason? There was a gas station on the corner and people were lining up to fill up. I got to the next light and had to sit through it twice. Why? There was a gas station at that corner and people were cramming themselves into that parking lot to jockey for a place at the pump.

The highest priced gas I saw on my way home was $2.92, however there was no less then 20-30 cars in que to get gas at every gas station I passed. Man! I'm glad I filled up when it was still $2.58 and had my choice of pumps the day Katrina hit.

I know that things are going to get worse. They always do the weekend of a holiday and with Katrina having wrecked havoc it just exacerbates things to the nth degree.

Car pool, anyone?

No comments: