Sunday, August 28, 2005

Hello from Red's Sister!

Greetings all your Red readers! I am Joan and for those of you that don't already know this, I am Red's sister.

While Red is on vacation with the Captain, she is asking me and her son (my nephew) to fill in for her. We are all inconsistent bloggers at best, so this should be interesting! LOL!

I wanted to share one of my favorite memories of my sister when we were younger: When I was little, and even a little now that I'm grown, I was scared of storms. When I was 3 or 4, it had been an especially stormy Spring and I woke my parents up regularly to get into bed with them because the lightening and thunder terrified me. Finally they had enough and told me that I was not to wake them up that night and to stay in my own bed. Lo and behold, a big storm with big lightening and thunder came and I was scared to death and alone in my room. The lightbulb went off over my little bitty head and I went to my Sissy's room. She sleepily pulled back the covers and I got into bed with her and instantly felt safe enough to sleep. The next morning, my parents were panic stricken when they peered into my room and saw that I was not there. They checked the entire house from top to bottom EXCEPT for my sister's room. Finally, they opened the door to her room to wake her up to help them look for me, and found us curled together in her bed. Because they had been so scared, they fussed at us, but neither of us had done anything wrong. I didn't wake them up and I found a place to be safe - with my Sissy.

To say that I adore my sister would be a massive understatement. She is one of the two most important people in my life - the other being my nephew - and I love her more than I can say.

:-)

No comments: