Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Weekend Celebrations

We couldn't have asked for better weather for the weekend. Hurrican Frances out there threatening my friends in Florida and we had sunshine, 75 and a cool breeze. Family came in all on Thursday, most arriving late but not to late to have a few laughs! Friday was great, Sat was great, Sunday was great, Monday was great!.. We had a weekend long celeberation and that is just what I had hoped for. All families met for the first time and got along swimmingly. I am going to post pictures and more tales, but for today will update Thursday.
T & R where flying in from Big D to Raleigh. They had a great flight, arriving 20 minutes early actually and drove over from the airport. J and I went to get my son E at the Greensboro airport. He was late as his flight out of Austin was delayed, AND his connecting flight out of Atlanta.
Now, my step mom T (being the little proper southern lady that she is) has everyone watching their language. So after a brief reprisal in the car after picking up E, E, J and I decided we better use up our weekend allotment of the F word before we got home. So for no reason at all we F'd this and F'd that. we had each other in stitches. No don't get me wrong, we don't use the F word that much, but it was just knowing we had to watch our P's and Q's in front of T...
So we got home, everyone arrived safely, gave all a brief tour of the house, then off to bed we went to start a Friday......

more to come....

No comments: